2/08/2010

my love for basket

I needed a basket for my ongoing project, so I crocheted a tiny blue basket with linen yarn. 
 The pattern is from one of my favorite crochet and knitting book. 


There are several things I couldn't leave at my parent's house when I moved in LA.  One of them is "baskets".   A basket has been one of my loves, seriously, I have way too many baskets at my parent's house, because the basket is the best place to store my stuff in (I believe!)  Well, in a perfect world, I would love to live with hundreds of baskets, but we move often and won't settle down for a while...  When I miss my baskets so much, I treat myself with this beautiful site. The owner of this store has the best taste ever in ZAKKA, her selection blow me away.  

My fantasy is taking classes to make my own white birch basket in Sweden!  




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, we are kindred spirits indeed! I LOVE baskets too! Dean is always giving me a hard time about how many baskets I have...and I still want more! They are the PERFECT way to store things and I believe that one can never have enough.

    I love the site you recommended, as well as, the introduction to the idea of "zakka"--very interesting...thanks for sharing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i notice you love baskets to! yes, we love baskets forever... won't stop to collect them. i really want to go 'basket hunting' in France or Sweden! most of my baskets are from japan, france, and Scandinavian countries.

    you also can find the work "zakka" in Japanese craft book, i guess it is getting universal word. i didn't find any english word for "zakka", because "zakka" can't be something else... i bet you gonna love to shop in japanese zakka store!

    ReplyDelete